Paul was born in Detroit when the Big Three ruled the automobile industry, and The Korean Conflict was in full swing. A lifelong interest in history and a love of reading eventually led him to Wayne State University where he majored in Ancient History, with a minor in Physical Anthropology. However, to make ends meet, those studies were left to the realm of dreams, and Paul found himself accidentally embarking on a 50 year career in computers. A career that he has recently retired from in order to spend more time with those dreams….7 grandchildren will help fill the time as well.
He now resides in the quaint New England town of Salem, Massachusetts with his wife Daryl, just a few minutes’ walk from the North River, and the site where the Revolution almost began.
The Mallory Saga is the culmination of Paul’s love of history, and his creative drive to write stories. With Nightwish and Bruce Cockburn coming through his headphones, and many cups of excellent coffee, Paul hopes to carry the Saga into the late 19th century, bringing American History to life through the eyes and actions of the Mallory family.
Follow Paul and the Mallory Saga:
On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mallorysaga/
On Twitter https://twitter.com/hooverbkreview
Turn off the TV, read a book, write a review – an author’s best friend. 😎
Clash is available on Kindle, paperback.
The second book in the saga, Paths to Freedom is available.
Now as to other facts about me:
- Married Daryl in 1977
- Twin sons Jacob and Nathanael born in 1980.
- Moved to Salem, Ma in 1984.
- Daughter Bethany born in 1988.
- Grandson Bodhi and granddaughter Kaedyn born 4 days apart in October 2012.
- Granddaughter Eloise born Feb 2016
- Have worked in various multi-platform data centers since 1980.
- Avid fan of The Detroit Tigers even while living in the heart of Red Sox Nation.
- Player of many sports as a young man, most notably softball and basketball.
- Due to aging joints am now a golfer – with my regular golf buddies have formed a group we call The Hoovers as in the vacuum cleaner and thus our motto is ‘We Can’t Suck Enough’
- The name Ocho Seis or just Ocho is the result of the best round of golf I have played. Shot an 86 a few years back and adopted that as my golfing alter ego. Note-I am aware that 86 in Spanish is Ochenta y seis but Ocho Seis has a better ring to it. Thus you will find Ocho in many of the stories I write.
- Drinker of only good coffee – fresh roasted/freshly ground from my friends at Thanksgiving Coffee, though I can take Dunkin Donuts coffee if I get it with a shot of espresso to give it some oomph.
- Drinker of only fine ales, stouts and porters. American industrial beers like Budweiser, Coors and Miller are an anathema to my sensitive palette.
- A cynic of the American political system. In the words of singer-songwriter Shawn Phillips ‘The country isn’t run by the statesman now, but by the gentry.’
- Here’s the link to my musings and stories http://mystoriesandsuch.wordpress.com/
Take care….turn off the TV and read a book…and write a review – the author’s best friend.